Wednesday, April 17, 2013

When Rain Falls


One of the things that reminds me of my mom the most, is when it rains. Several years ago, when it would rain, she would sit out on the porch and watch the rain. Today, I rained and rained, and as I was doing my homework, the rain reminded me of her. 

When so many miles separate us, even now, nothing could separate us from you being my mother, and I your daughter. Sometimes all I want to do is get on a train and come and see you, but I must wait for 28 more days. There are those moments when a single action, brings so many happy memories back. They can be something as simple as looking at someone's hands and feet, and that will remind me of you. Those days when I drink a cup of tea, those are the moments when I am reminded of you, and I just want you next to me, so that you can share a cup with me. Other times, it could be a simple phrase that reminds me of something that you would say. I could never forget the scent that you would put on every Sunday, and those moments when my heart aches for the familiarity of your embrace. Those little things that I grew up: the fingers dashing on the piano, the hot pot of tea, your voice, and the acts of kindness of her being my mom. I remember that all I have to do is pick up my phone, and I can hear you voice, the voice that I have heard my whole life. I cannot tell you enough times, how much I dearly love you; you are so wonderful, and I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment